Cocohut Village Beach Resort and Spa
From 2,100 THB
Cocohut Village Beach Resort and Spa is one of the more relaxed places to stay in Haad Rin as it is located next to the idyllic and quiet Leela Beach at the tip of the Haad Rin peninsula. The catch phrase of their website is ‘Live with Nature and Party with the Moon’. This sums up the successful formula of Cocohut Village Beach Resort and Spa – it provides a chance to experience the natural beauty of Koh Phangan as well as being located near the Full Moon Party.
Cocohut started off as a budget bungalow operation in the 1990s. Since then it has gradually upgraded its accommodation and facilities. It is now one of the best luxury options in Haad Rin. However, it has maintained many of its more affordable wooden bungalows for rent.
♦ Accommodation Options
Here are the room options at Cocohut Village Beach Resort and Spa:
- Wooden Bungalow (5 units). 28 sq. meters. Good quality wooden bungalow with air-con, satellite TV, fridge, free wifi and hot water shower. From 1,880 THB.
- Hillside Bungalow (12 units) 30 sq. meters. Better interior with Air con, satellite TV, safe. Mini bar, free wifi and hot water shower. The bungalows are a little walk from the restaurant and beach, up a hill but command great views. From 1,500 THB.
- Cliff Bungalow (36 units) 35 sq. meters. Again bungalows on the hillside. They are stylish 2 storey bungalows with air-con, satellite TV, hot water shower, safe, free wifi, mini bar and hair dryer. From 2,000 THB.
- Senior Bungalow (4 units). 36 sq. meters. Bali style bungalows near the beach with air-con, hot water shower, free wifi, mini bar, safe, satellite TV and hair dryer. From 2,800 THB.
- Deluxe Room (12 units). 54 sq. meter. Large modern hotel rooms around a public swimming pool with air-con, hot water shower, satellite TV, free wifi, safe, mini bar and hair dryer. From 2,900 THB.
- Penthouse Seaview (1 unit). 54 sq. meter. Large hotel room at top of hotel block with sea views. Room has terrace, air-con, satellite TV, free wifi, fridge, mini bar, safe and hot water shower. From 3,000 THB.
- Pool Terrace (10 units). 65 sq. meters. Hotel rooms around a small courtyard with swimming pool. Each room has air-con, satellite TV, wifi, safe, mini bar, fridge, hair dryer and hot water shower. From 3,300 THB.
- Junior Pool Suite (4 units). 70 sq. meters. Hotel rooms near main swimming pool that also have a terrace with private Jacuzzi. Rooms also have air-con, hot water bathroom, satellite TV, free wifi, fridge, mini bar, safe and hair dryer. These rooms have sea views. From 4,500 THB.
- Seaview Suite (2 units). 108 sq. meters. 2 rooms in a custom built 2 storey building next to the beach. Each room has an indoor Jacuzzi, air-con, hot water bathroom, free wifi, satellite TV, mini bar, fridge, safe and hair dryer. From 6,000 THB.
- Beachfront Pool Villa (5 units). 76 sq. meters. Separate beachfront villas with private pools as well as private Jacuzzi, air-con, satellite TV, free wifi, hot water bathroom, fridge, mini bar, safe and hair dryer. From 6,000 THB.
Cocohut Village Beach Resort and Spa has a range of facilities and amenities. There is a restaurant serving a wide range of food, a beach bar, a communal swimming pool and a spa. The spa is in a separate building. It offers traditional Thai massage as well as aromatherapy.
The communal pool is beachfront as is the restaurant and bar. The resort has excellent access to the beach.
Other facilities include a pool table, laundry service and beach volleyball.
Cocohut Village Beach Resort is a well-designed and modern resort with comfortable rooms near a great beach in Koh Phangan. While one of the main draws of this resort is its proximity to the Full Moon Party it is a not a resort with rowdy and loud pre-moon parties, pool parties or the like. It is an oasis of calm and luxury just a short walk away from all the mayhem of the parties in Haad Rin.
♦ Guest Reviews
This resort has lots of reviews on Trip Advisor. The overwhelming number of reviews are positive. Many reviewers recommend the location, the quality of the rooms and the relaxed atmosphere. A few complain about the staff, the dirty rooms and the high prices.
Cocohut Village Beach Resort is at the northern end of Leela Beach. Leela Beach (also known as Seekantang Beach) is a five minute walk from Haad Rin Town. The path to Leela Beach starts at the hill at the end of Haad Rin. It is also possible to take a taxi to Leela Beach. The beach is a picturesque spot with mangroves. The beach benefits from less crowds than Haad Rin Nok and is not lined with bars or bucket shops. It is a good place to swim, sunbathe and relax away from the commercialism and noise of Haad Rin.
♦ Location Map
Telephone: +66 77 375 369 & +66 77 375 368